We’re building a Public Policy & Social Impact team at Truleo that evangelizes our mission to increase trust in the police by leveraging body camera analytics. We aim to advance an open and transparent society to improve both officer and community safety.
- Builds and maintains relationships with members of the community.
- Plans, develops, implements, and organizes events to advance the mission and goals of the company.
- Organizes community outreach programs to increase public awareness of the company's mission.
- Drafts and distributes/publishes various content pieces that promote the mission
- Develop Truleo's positions on technology policy issues globally, drive cross-functional consensus around these positions, and craft policy position documents, talking points, and other materials for internal and external communication
- Partner with industry leaders, trade associations, civil society organizations, think tanks, and other external constituents to build support for our policy positions
- Guided by personal integrity that reflects Truleo’s core values and commitment to our users’ trust
- Sweats the details of nuanced issues, from a policy, business, and relationships perspective
- Passionate about public policy (experience with police policy preferred)
- 7+ years experience in policy settings, prior technology policy experience preferred
- Experience working with government officials, industry partners, and civil society organizations
- Skilled at advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences, persuasively and diplomatically
- Adept at building relationships at the individual level and coalitions at the organizational level
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment